Friday, December 09, 2005

eInstruction CPS Voting System Trial

Phil Stanley from eInstruction visited my school and after a short introductory lesson I then went home and prepared a few lessons. It is extremely user friendly. Phil also provided me with lots of useful software for the trial. The maths software has been invaluable. It is easy to store as it comes in a small bag which I store under my desk. I have allocated pupils to help distribute the controls. The pupils have enjoyed using the system. They are totally focused and on task. This is especially useful in a rather challenging maths class. The remote controls are easy for the pupils to use. They enjoy watching for the questions appearing on screen and the boys are enjoying watching to see who has answered and when they answer. It is giving them a small amount of competition which is helping to keep them focused. This week I am going to try my science and environmental studies assessment using the system, as i have quite a few pupils who struggle to write. I don't really want to hand the system back and I know my class don't!

No comments: